We did quite a bit of research before choosing our condo. Not all condos are equal. At the Den Laman condo complex, there are true ocean-front (like the Barracuda unit), ocean peek views (rear side corner) and units that just face a rather unattractive parking area. The ocean-front condos (e.g. Barracuda) are exceptional. The patio is a spacious ~12x20 feet with comfy chairs and dining table, looking out over the picturesque ocean literally 15 yards away. We felt the higher price was well worth the patio/view.
Other good points:
1) Rental agency (Sun Rentals) was always attentive and helpful.
2) Condo unit itself is well appointed with full kitchen (oven/range, full fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) and spacious living areas. It was perfect for us as a couple.
3) Location was great for both scuba and snorkeling with a dive shop right on-site and easy shore access. It is at Bari reef which is a popular dive site.
4) An on-site restaurant made for a few convenient meals, though it is not open every day.
1) It is not a luxurious setting. The street-facing side is a bit rustic/rural and there was construction going on during our visit. Though relatively close to downtown, one would need to drive to get there, or anywhere else for that matter.
2) You will want to rent a car or pick-up. Roads are often narrow, but we managed to drive around the island and there are some highlights such as flamingo viewing. Overall, though, the island is somewhat flat, dry, and does not have an "exotic" feel.
3) A couple of nights, there was louder music later into the evening. Not sure if it was coming from another condo unit or perhaps a local bar.
Overall, we were very happy with our experience and choice of Den Laman Barracuda unit.
Written on TripAdvisor in February 2023